The 2-days cover issues of definition and relationship with agoraphobia, theories of Panic Disorder and a range of CBT interventions as they apply to this common debilitating problem which has produced success rates of between 80 and 90%. This two-day course can be taken as an independent stand-alone course or as a module of:
You can build up gradually your CBT training portfolio by attending all the courses within the programme at the pace that suits you. All your training hours will be calculated, recorded in an individual validated log and accumulated towards your full Diploma.
Issues covered include:
- Definition of Panic Disorder
- Goldstein & Chambless classical conditioning model of panic disorder
- Clark’s cognitive theory of panic disorder
- The role cognitive misinterpretation of interoceptive experiences and psycho-educational approaches
- Corrective breathing exercises
- The role of graded exposure (interoceptive, imaginal and live)
- The role of behavioural experiments in challenging safety behaviours
Prof Paul Grantham
Consultant Clinical Psychologist, a Senior Associate of The Royal Society of Medicine, Accredited CBT Therapist, Honorary Professor of Clinical Psychology. With over 40 years of clinical experience, Paul is the Founder and Director of SDS, a bestselling author, an international presenter, and one of the most popular and inspirational tutors in the field of psychological skills training.
- 8 Part Video of a full live training event
- Full course materials as a PDF (downloadable)
- Personalised Certificate for 14 CPD Hours