An interview with Allan Laville covering (amongst other issues):
- What does “gender diversity” actually mean & how it might present itself with a client
- What difference does it make to a PWP’s work?
- The implications of client gender identity for therapeutic work done?
- Examples of client’s gender identity (or their response to it) playing a role in presenting problems?
- Common false assumptions about transexual people and the best way of addressing them?
Allan Laville is Associate Professor of Clinical Psychology and Dean for Diversity and Inclusion at the University of Reading. He is also a member of the BABCP EDI and SPA Committees. He has been a PWP and PWP educator since 2009 and was Deputy Co-Chair of the BPS PWP Training Committee.
- Full video
- Personalised Certificate for 45 CPD minutes