The day covers issues of definition and assessment, cognitive and behavioural theories along with a range of CBT interventions as they apply to depression.
This course is part of the training programme that enables you to complete the BPS Approved Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. You can build up gradually your CBT training portfolio by attending all the courses within the programme at the pace that suits you. All your training hours will be calculated, recorded in an individual validated log and accumulated towards your full Diploma.
Issues covered include:
- Definitions of depression – options and limitations
- Beck’s Cognitive Theory of Depression and implications for treatment
- Lewinsohn’s and Ferster’s learning theory models of depression and their implications for treatment
- Psychometric Assessment issues in depression
- Cognitive Strategies for moderating thinking errors
- The use Of Pie Charts To moderate guilt in Depression
- Addressing the issue of Selective Attention in Depression
- The use of Activity Scheduling and Behavioural Activation
Feedback Statistics (January 2012 Course)
- How would you rate the course overall? Very Good – 100%.
- How would you rate the course speaker? Very Good – 100%.
- How would you rate the usefulness of the course’s content? Very Good – 87.5%; Good – 12.5%.
Prof Paul Grantham
Consultant Clinical Psychologist, a Senior Associate of The Royal Society of Medicine, Accredited CBT Therapist, Honorary Professor of Clinical Psychology. With over 40 years of clinical experience, Paul is the Founder and Director of SDS, a bestselling author, an international presenter, and one of the most popular and inspirational tutors in the field of psychological skills training.
- 4 Part Video of a full live training event
- Full course materials as a PDF (downloadable)
- Final Test (80% pass mark)
- Personalised Certificate for 7 CPD Hours