Can be taken as an individual course or as a part of Certificate in CBT for Children and Adolescents
Learning outcomes for the day will be:
- Understanding what we mean by ethnicity, culture and religion
- Understanding how this might impact on how people understand mental health problems
- Understanding how to adapt treatments to take these factors into account
- Understand how to sensitively enquire about the culture, background and migration history of young people
- Understand issues around therapy specifically relating to refugees and asylum seekers
Dr Andrew Beck
Consultant Clinical Psychologist, BABCP President
Andrew has worked as a Consultant Clinical Psychologist in CAMHS since 2006 and has worked with children and adolescents for 30 years in a variety of settings. He has been Honorary Senior Lecturer at the University of Manchester since 2007 and until recently was lead on the Children and Families module of the Manchester Doctorate in Clinical Psychology and Senior Lecturer on the Children and Young People’s Talking Therapies programme.
Dr Beck is a BABCP accredited CBT therapist and supervisor and has developed and run several CBT supervision courses and the first stand-alone CBT training course in India. He is a member of the BABCP Scientific Committee and is the former Chair of the Equality and Culture Special Interest Group of the BABCP. At BABCP Annual Conference, Bath 2019, he was elected as the President of BABCP.
- 4 Part Video of a full live training event
- Full course materials as a PDF (downloadable)
- Personalised Certificate for 7 CPD Hours