This is a three-hours masterclass with Professor Nuno Ferreira on using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for working with children and adolescents.
This masterclass will explore how adapt the ACT model of intervention for children and adolescents.
The masterclass will focus on interview and formulation techniques that are ACT consistent and that can easily be integrated in your current practice. The evidence base and characteristics of ACT based interventions for children and adolescents will also be addressed.
By the end of this masterclass you should:
- Be able to produce an ACT consistent formulation for a child or adolescent
- Be confident in the use of key intervention techniques using the ACT model for children and adolescents
- Be aware of the evidence base for the use of ACT for children and adolescents.
This course is suitable for mental health professionals and education professionals who work with children and adolescents on the day-to-day basis, or occasionally. Your prior knowledge of the foundations of ACT is advisable, although not mandatory.
Prof Nuno Ferreira PhD, CPsychol, AFBPsS, Associate Professor of Clinical and Health Psychology, University of Nicosia, Cyprus Dr Nuno Ferreira is an Associate Professor of Clinical Health Psychology at the University of Nicosia. He holds a Licenciature in Clinical Psychology from ISPA, Portugal, and a PhD in Clinical and Health Psychology from the University of Edinburgh.
- Full Course Video
- Full course materials as a PDF (downloadable)
- Personalised Certificate for 3 CPD Hours