Can be taken as an individual course or as a part of Certificate in CBT for Children and Adolescents
Learning outcomes for the day will be:
- How common are phobias in childhood, what are the ones you are most likely to see?
- How to work collaboratively with children to use Behavioural Therapy (BT) for common phobias
- How to measure, assess and formulate phobias
- The role of parents in maintaining phobias, particularly parental anxieties
- How is Blood Injury Phobia different and how do you adapt treatment for this problem
Consultant Clinical Psychologist
Lisa Anderson is an HCPC registered Consultant Forensic Psychologist and Clinical Psychologist. She is also a fully accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist with BABCP. She has over 18 years’ experience as a clinician and an academic and has worked within child mental health and adult services, where she has provided assessment, interventions, and supervision in both the NHS and private sector. She has worked with children, adolescents, adults, young offenders, looked after children, homeless and asylum seekers. Lisa worked as a lecturer in Psychology for the University of Leicester where she has managed the multi-agency training service in child mental health across Leicester, Leicestershire, and Rutland. She was responsible for training 600-900 primary care staff per year for over 12 years and also taught postgraduate students. She is an associate Lecturer for University of Derby on the CYP Talking Therapies course. She is national trainer in child mental health, working closely with Universities and local councils.
- 4 Part Video of a full live training event
- Full course materials as a PDF (downloadable)
- Personalised Certificate for 7 CPD Hours