This two-hour lunchtime bite-size course on adolescent brain: development & implications in adolescents can be taken on its own or as a part of the BPS Approved Certificate in CBT for Working with Adolescents. The Certificate is designed to enable delegates to apply CBT to a range of common adolescent problems important to both practitioners and their clients. Each module gives a background on the topic, combined with practical implications and strategies.
The issue of The Adolescent Brain: Development & Implications is a common mental health issue for adolescents, that is both challenging and distressing for young people, parents and staff.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes:
- Delegates will understand the nature of the problem including relevant theoretical models.
- Delegates will understand the principles and practice of CBT as an evidence-based approach to tackling problems. It includes 2nd and 3rd wave CBT ideas as well as evidence-based strategies from other therapeutic approaches, such as MI, SFT, REBT and others, specifically to address process issues such as motivation and communication difficulties.
- Delegates will learn strategies and case studies relating to the use of CBT to the problem.
- Delegates will understand common therapy obstacles and how to address them
Who is the course for?
Psychologists, Therapists, Counsellors, Coaches, OTs, SLTs, Dieticians, Physiotherapists, Nurses, Doctors, Arts Therapist, Substance Misuse Workers, Social Workers, Probation Officers.
Dr Julia Budnik
Julia is a medical doctor and a PhD with clinical, managerial and university teaching experience. She has worked overseas, in the NHS and privately. A qualified gastroenterologist, Julia has written extensively in the field. Her current interests lie in evidence based improvements to health and quality of life through psychological & behavioural change. Julia is also a children’s author.
- Full Course Video
- Full course materials as a PDF (downloadable)
- Personalised Certificate for 2 CPD Hours