This two-hour lunchtime bite-size course on Sexual Orientation Development, Supporting Young People at a Time of Exploration can be taken on its own or as a part of the BPS Approved Certificate in CBT for Working with Adolescents. The Certificate is designed to enable delegates to apply CBT to a range of common adolescent problems important to both practitioners and their clients. Each module gives a background on the topic, combined with practical implications and strategies.
The issue of Sexual Orientation Development, Supporting Young People at a Time of Exploration is a common mental health issue for adolescents, that is both challenging and distressing for young people, parents and staff.
This module combines essential background information on the area as well as tips, strategies and practical treatment plans and strategies. The focus is on 2nd and 3rd wave CBT ideas as well as evidence based “tips” from other therapeutic approaches, such as MI, SFT, REBT and others, specifically to address process issues such as motivation and communication difficulties which can often arise when working therapeutically with adolescents.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes:
- Delegates will understand the nature of the problem including relevant theoretical models.
- Delegates will understand the principles and practice of CBT as an evidence-based approach to tackling problems. It includes 2nd and 3rd wave CBT ideas as well as evidence-based strategies from other therapeutic approaches, such as MI, SFT, REBT and others, specifically to address process issues such as motivation and communication difficulties.
- Delegates will learn strategies and case studies relating to the use of CBT to the problem.
- Delegates will understand common therapy obstacles and how to address them
Who is the course for?
Psychologists, Therapists, Counsellors, Coaches, OTs, SLTs, Dieticians, Physiotherapists, Nurses, Doctors, Arts Therapist, Substance Misuse Workers, Social Workers, Probation Officers.
Georgina Rush, BABCP accredited CBT Therapist, Lecturer at the GMMH Psychological Therapies Training Centre and Senior Mental Health Practitioner in a CAMHS service
Georgina Rush is a BABCP accredited CBT Therapist and Senior Mental Health Practitioner in a CAMHS service.
She has over 15 years’ experience of working in mental health with children and young people. Georgina has worked across a variety of settings such as residential homes, forensic units, CAMHS and secondary schools.
She is a lecturer at the GMMH Psychological Therapies Training Centre , teaching on the Educational Mental Health Practitioner course.
- 2-Part Video
- Online Test
- Personalised Certificate for 2 CPD Hours