Since the recent changes in the PWP training curriculum, Physical Activity (PA) now plays a central role in the interventions that PWPs should be offering their clients. This training addresses:
- How to consider whether your client could benefit from, and wants to work on, increasing PA or exercise, or both?
- How to create a strong rationale linked to their conceptualisation.
- How to establish a baseline and collaboratively negotiate gradual increases (considering the 10% rule).
- How to explore barriers and facilitators to increasing PA &/or exercise in depth.
- The use of COM-B and problem solving approaches to address the use of PA
- How to review progress in detail and link this to the conceptualisation
Amy Blakemore is a Lecturer in Mental Health at the University of Manchester and a Chartered Psychologist. Amy is Unit Lead for the Long-Term Conditions Unit for qualified Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners and chairs a multidisciplinary group designed to develop research capacity in multimorbidity between the University of Manchester and partners at the Pakistan Institute of Living and Learning (PILL).
- Full video
- Personalised Certificate for 60 CPD minutes