This one-day Masterclass, presented by Dr Chris Irons, will explore how Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT) – through the theory, psychoeducation and practices of Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT) – can play a central and transformative role in helping people who have experienced trauma.
The workshop will explore how:
- trauma and related difficulties (e.g. emotion dysregulation, shame, self-criticism) can be understood and worked with through the lens of the CFT model
- how cultivation of the soothing system and compassion are powerful ways to engage trauma-based distress
- how we can put the compassionate mind to work in exploring blocked emotions
- how the CFT model not only focuses on alleviation of distress, but also the process of promoting wellbeing and recovery
It will be extremely beneficial for all participants to complete SDS’s introductory course on Compassion Focused Therapy: Compassion Focused Therapy with Dr Chris Irons
Dr Chris Irons
Clinical Psychologist, Director of Balanced Minds
Dr Chris Irons is a clinical psychologist, researcher, writer and trainer specialising in Compassion Focused Therapy. He is co-director of Balanced Minds, a London based organisation providing compassion-focused psychological interventions for individuals and organisations. He also works for the Compassionate Mind Foundation, and as a Visiting Lecturer at the University of Derby.
- 2 Part Course Video
- Full course materials as a PDF (downloadable)
- Personalised Certificate for 7 CPD Hours