This two day course draws on Epstein & Baucom’s (2002) model and work with couples identifying an introductory structure for assessment, formulation and treatment of couples relationship problems as well as common difficult to manage therapeutic obstacles such as sexual unfaithfulness (including an unwillingness to disclose), deciding on a therapeutic focus and how to sequence interventions. This two-day course can be taken as an independent stand-alone course or as a module of:
You can build up gradually your CBT training portfolio by attending all the courses within the programme at the pace that suits you. All your training hours will be calculated, recorded in an individual validated log and accumulated towards your full Diploma.
Issues covered include:
- Differences and similarities between CBT for couples and individual “Classic 2nd Wave” CBT
- Common problem behavioural patterns eg. Demand/Withdrawal cycles and Negative Reciprocity
- Common problem belief areas inc. those around trust, intimacy, assertiveness, interpersonal style and power/authority
- Session structuring, style and the balance between individual and couple work
- The application of CBT strategies within couples work such as Socratic Questioning, Cognitive Restructuring, Homework Tasks and Behavioural Experiments
- Therapeutic Exercises around Guided Behavioural Change and Communication Skills
- Ending therapeutic involvement
Consultant Clinical Psychologist, a Senior Associate of The Royal Society of Medicine, Accredited CBT Therapist. With over 40 years of clinical experience, Paul is the Founder and Director of SDS, a bestselling author, an international presenter, and one of the most popular and inspirational tutors in the field of psychological skills training.
- 8 Part Video of a full live training event
- Full course materials as a PDF (downloadable)
- Personalised Certificate for 14 CPD Hours