Can be taken as an individual course or as a part of:
- Master Practitioner Diploma in CBT
- Certificate in CBT for Children and Adolescents
- Certificate in Essential CBT Skills
Learning outcomes for the day will be:
- Revisiting the CBT model
- Cognitive therapy and how this links to Piaget’s stages of cognitive development
- How to recognise common neurodevelopmental problems like Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and ADHD and when to refer for further assessment
- Adapting CBT for children with ASD, ADHD and LDs
- Using Goals and Outcome Measures to improve therapy outcomes
- An introduction to CBT in the context of family patterns – how the thoughts, feelings and behaviours of the child and parent interact to maintain problems
- The relationship between the age and development of the child and the degree to which parents need to be involved as co-therapists
Dr Andrew Beck
Consultant Clinical Psychologist, BABCP President
Andrew has worked as a Consultant Clinical Psychologist in CAMHS since 2006 and has worked with children and adolescents for 30 years in a variety of settings. He has been Honorary Senior Lecturer at the University of Manchester since 2007 and until recently was lead on the Children and Families module of the Manchester Doctorate in Clinical Psychology and Senior Lecturer on the Children and Young People’s Talking Therapies programme.
Dr Beck is a BABCP accredited CBT therapist and supervisor and has developed and run several CBT supervision courses and the first stand-alone CBT training course in India. He is a member of the BABCP Scientific Committee and is the former Chair of the Equality and Culture Special Interest Group of the BABCP. At BABCP Annual Conference, Bath 2019, he was elected as the President of BABCP.
Andrew is author of the well regarded book Transcultural CBT for Anxiety and Depression (Routledge 2016) as well as many academic papers on CBT, supervision and work across cultures.
- 4 Part Video of a full live training event
- Full course materials as a PDF (downloadable)
- Final Test (80% pass mark)
- Personalised Certificate for 7 CPD Hours