This two-hour lunchtime bite-size course on sleep problems in adolescents can be taken on its own or as a part of the BPS Approved Certificate in CBT for Working with Adolescents. The Certificate is designed to enable delegates to apply CBT to a range of common adolescent problems important to both practitioners and their clients. Each module gives a background on the topic, combined with practical implications and strategies.
The issue of sleep problems in adolescents is a common mental health issue for adolescents, that is both challenging and distressing for young people, parents and staff.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes:
- Delegates will understand the nature of the problem including relevant theoretical models.
- Delegates will understand the principles and practice of CBT as an evidence-based approach to tackling problems. It includes 2nd and 3rd wave CBT ideas as well as evidence-based strategies from other therapeutic approaches, such as MI, SFT, REBT and others, specifically to address process issues such as motivation and communication difficulties.
- Delegates will learn strategies and case studies relating to the use of CBT to the problem.
- Delegates will understand common therapy obstacles and how to address them
Who is the course for?
Psychologists, Therapists, Counsellors, Coaches, OTs, SLTs, Dieticians, Physiotherapists, Nurses, Doctors, Arts Therapist, Substance Misuse Workers, Social Workers, Probation Officers.
Dr Jemma Hill
Senior Clinical Psychologist
Dr Jemma Hill is a Senior Clinical Psychologist. She has over 15 years experience of working in mental health in a variety of settings. She has worked with children and adolescents since 2015, within CAMHS, a Children’s Psychological Service and an inpatient unit, where she set up and facilitated the provision of a Dialectical Behavioural Therapy skills group. She currently works full time in a newly established CAMHS Autism Team, providing assessment and diagnosis for secondary school aged children across the East Lancashire footprint.
- Full Course Video
- Full course materials as a PDF (downloadable)
- Personalised Certificate for 2 CPD Hours