This one day course covers issues of definitions and co-morbidity of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Foa’s theory of OCD, assessment and formulation, along with a range of CBT interventions as they apply to OCD. The live course addresses all the essentials of this work and outlines the new developments and approaches occurring in the field in the last few years.
Issues covered include:
- OCD presentations and co-morbidity
- Assessment and standard outcome measures including OCI
- Introduction to Salkovskis’ and Wells’ models of OCD
- Extinction response prevention treatment programmes
- The role of cognitive factors in OCD
- Common cognitive biases in OCD
- Thought-Action fusion and Thought-Object fusion
- Inflated sense of responsibility and power
- Internal safety seeking and compulsive behaviours
- Normalising intrusive thoughts
- The use of behavioural experiments with OCD
- Updates and New Developments
If you’ve done this course with us in the past and want to attend it again as a refresher – you might be entitled to a 50% discount. Contact the office firstname.lastname@example.org to check the records we hold for you and whether this discount is available to you.
This course is part of the training programme that enables you to complete the BPS Approved Master Practitioner Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
You can build up gradually your CBT training portfolio by attending all the courses within the programme at the pace that suits you. All your training hours will be calculated, recorded in an individual validated log and accumulated towards your full Diploma.
Consultant Clinical Psychologist, a Senior Associate of The Royal Society of Medicine, Accredited CBT Therapist. With over 40 years of clinical experience, Paul is the Founder and Director of SDS, a bestselling author, an international presenter, and one of the most popular and inspirational tutors in the field of psychological skills training.
- Full course video
- Full course materials as a PDF (downloadable)
- Personalised Certificate for 7 CPD Hours