Watch a live demonstration of Working with Negative Assumptions in the context of a CBT session followed by a detailed analysis and informed explanation by Accredited CBT therapists: Dr Tom Werner and Consultant Clinical Psychologist Paul Grantham.
This video material is part of a training series on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) that concentrates on introducing specific CBT techniques through a combination of demonstration, discussion and reflection.
The structure of each training Video:
- Demonstration of the use of the specified technique by an experienced BABCP Accredited CBT therapist within a CBT session.
- Interview regarding the above technique with Dr Tom Werner who provides his thoughts based on his extensive experience of the application of the technique.
- Paul Grantham specifically asks Dr Werner about practical questions related to the technique and common difficulties that practitioners may face implementing it.
- After the interview you have the opportunity to watch the client session again and concentrate on aspects of the session that have been discussed with Dr Werner.
This video series is specifically designed and produced as a TRAINING TOOL for everyone who works with clients and wants to learn more about this evidence-based and very effective therapeutic approach.
Paul Grantham, is a clinical psychologist with extensive NHS, Social Services and training experience. He has written on a range of therapy and helping issues. An extensively informed, clinically experienced and humorous speaker he is known for his emphasis on the practicalities rather than just the theory of client-based work. Paul is a founder and Director of SDS Seminars Ltd and one of the most popular and inspirational tutors in the field of psychological skills training.
Dr Robin Hart MSc MA DPsych is a BABCP Accredited CBT Therapist whose Masters and subsequent Doctoral work in CBT was based at London University. He has had a particular research interest in the application of CBT treatments to offenders and has worked as part of the Psychology team at HMP Wormwood Scrubs. In recent years his practice has focused on anxiety based problems and he is currently based at the Portobello Clinic in London.
Dr Tom Werner, MRCPsych, BABCP (Accred) is a Locum Consultant Psychiatrist in the one of the Support and Recovery Teams at South London & Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust. He trained and worked at the Centre for Anxiety Disorder and Trauma, Maudsley Hospital and in the Cognitive Therapies Division of City & Hackney’s Psychotherapy Department. He has extensive experience of working with a range of different client groups including adult mental health, older people, substance misusers, children and families. He completed his CBT training with Kings College, London, and is a British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapists (BABCP) accredited CBT-Psychotherapist. He also has experience of working with a range of other models including (amongst others) Cognitive Analytic Therapy, Kleinian psychodynamic psychotherapy, NLP and systemic family therapy.
- Online Test
- Personalised Certificate for 2 CPD Hours