The day covers issues of development, engagement and motivation in Eating Disorders (ED), along with a range of CBT interventions as they apply to ED.
Issues covered include:
- Engagement & Motivation (Transtheoretical Model applications to ED)
- Formal ED assessment tools
- Cognitive Models of ED
- Common Negative Automatic Thoughts (NATs), Assumptions & Beliefs (including illness beliefs) in ED, how to elicit them and their specific nature
- The role of selective attention in ED and its role in problem maintenance
- Managing bodily sensations related to eating
- Addressing realistic negative predictions through addressing secondary appraisal (“My parents might accuse me, but I will survive it”)
- The use of Pie Charts (to address beliefs about causation and responsibility)
- Weakening strength of beliefs regarding illness identity, hyper-vigilance and control
This course is part of the training programme that enables you to complete the BPS Approved Master Practitioner Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
You can build up gradually your CBT training portfolio by attending all the courses within the programme at the pace that suits you. All your training hours will be calculated, recorded in an individual validated log and accumulated towards your full Diploma.
Consultant Clinical Psychologist, a Senior Associate of The Royal Society of Medicine, Accredited CBT Therapist. With over 40 years of clinical experience, Paul is the Founder and Director of SDS, a bestselling author, an international presenter, and one of the most popular and inspirational tutors in the field of psychological skills training.
- Full course video
- Full course materials as a PDF (downloadable)
- Personalised Certificate for 7 CPD Hours