A practical video demonstration of this innovative psychological intervention for use with clients, combined with comprehensive comments and reflections from Paul Grantham, Consultant Clinical Psychologist.
A demonstration of the use of the Miracle Question within the context of a brief solution-focused therapy approach to anger management and domestic violence.
Contained within this course:
- A brief history of the development of the Miracle Question within Brief Solution Focused Therapy
- Detailed description of its use with a client with anger management and domestic violence problems
- Practical demonstration of its use including the addressing of concrete client concerns
- Detailed professional reflection on issues arising within the therapy session
- The use of the Miracle Question with clients who are being seen under compulsion or pressure from 3rd parties
- The impact of the Miracle Question on client resistance
Client: Stefan is a 25 year old client with a history of domestic violence and anger management problems. His motivation for addressing his difficulties is low.
Prof Paul Grantham, is a clinical psychologist with extensive NHS, Social Services and training experience. He has worked extensively within the NHS and has trained staff in health care, social services, local government and education around the UK. He has written on a range of therapy and helping issues. He has a particular interest in why people do NOT change and currently focuses on overcoming obstacles to behaviour, emotion and attitude adaption in clients. An extensively informed, clinically experienced and humorous speaker he is known for his emphasis on the practicalities rather than just the theory of client-based work.
Paul is a founder and Director of SDS Seminars Ltd and one of the most popular and inspirational tutors in the field of psychological skills training.
- Online Test
- Personalised Certificate for 1 CPD Hour