This is a three-hours masterclass with Professor Nuno Ferreira on integrating Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) with Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT) and applying both for the benefit of clients.
Often in clinical practice clients present with particular difficult views of themselves. Shame, self-criticism and self-blame can become significant barriers in the path to behavioural change and in the pursuit of a values-driven life. This is the meeting point of ACT and CFT. In this master class we will explore the shared conceptualization of ACT and CFT regarding sticky self-conceptualizations, how to address them in practice and how to use CFT in your own reflective practice.
By the end of this masterclass you should:
- Be able to produce an ACT/CFT consistent formulation for a client struggling with difficult self-conceptualizations
- Be able to integrate CFT techniques into your ACT practice to address these difficult experiences
- Be able to use CFT in the approach to your own practice and supervision.
Prof Nuno Ferreira
PhD, CPsychol, AFBPsS, Associate Professor of Clinical and Health Psychology, University of Nicosia, Cyprus
Dr Nuno Ferreira is an Associate Professor of Clinical Health Psychology at the University of Nicosia. He holds a Licenciature in Clinical Psychology from ISPA, Portugal, and a PhD in Clinical and Health Psychology from the University of Edinburgh.
- Full Course Video
- Full course materials as a PDF (downloadable)
- Personalised Certificate for 3 CPD Hours