A practical video demonstration of this innovative psychological intervention for use with clients, combined with comprehensive comments and reflections from Paul Grantham, Consultant Clinical Psychologist.
Contained within this course:
- A brief history of the technique
- Its role as a motivational tool – aligned to problem solving
- The relationship between Force Field Analysis and Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Detailed description demonstration of its use
- Detailed demonstration of its use including the addressing of practical client issues
- Detailed professional reflection on issues arising within the therapy session
- Its adaptation for use with clients with literacy issues
- The nature and limitations of its use as a motivational technique
Client: Talia is a 30 yr old asylum seeker presenting with employment problems and low mood. Her motivation for addressing her problems is affected by repeated failure to obtain work. Mood and motivation rise during the course of the session in part as a result of the use of Force Field Analysis.
Practitioner: Paul Grantham, Consultant Clinical Psychologist, illustrates the use of the Miracle Question within the context of brief solution focused work, demonstrating how to bypass issues of resistance and help create personal change in the client.
- Online Test
- Personalised Certificate for 1 CPD Hour