This two-hour lunchtime bite-size course on dating & sexual relationships, including safeguarding issues in adolescents can be taken on its own or as a part of the BPS Approved Certificate in CBT for Working with Adolescents. The Certificate is designed to enable delegates to apply CBT to a range of common adolescent problems important to both practitioners and their clients. Each module gives a background on the topic, combined with practical implications and strategies.
The issue of Dating & Sexual Relationships, Including Safeguarding Issues is a common mental health issue for adolescents, that is both challenging and distressing for young people, parents and staff.
This module combines essential background information on the area as well as tips, strategies and practical treatment plans and strategies. The focus is on 2nd and 3rd wave CBT ideas as well as evidence based “tips” from other therapeutic approaches, such as MI, SFT, REBT and others, specifically to address process issues such as motivation and communication difficulties which can often arise when working therapeutically with adolescents.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes:
- Delegates will understand the nature of the problem including relevant theoretical models.
- Delegates will understand the principles and practice of CBT as an evidence-based approach to tackling problems. It includes 2nd and 3rd wave CBT ideas as well as evidence-based strategies from other therapeutic approaches, such as MI, SFT, REBT and others, specifically to address process issues such as motivation and communication difficulties.
- Delegates will learn strategies and case studies relating to the use of CBT to the problem.
- Delegates will understand common therapy obstacles and how to address them
Who is the course for?
Psychologists, Therapists, Counsellors, Coaches, OTs, SLTs, Dieticians, Physiotherapists, Nurses, Doctors, Arts Therapist, Substance Misuse Workers, Social Workers, Probation Officers.
Marie Wassberg, Accredited CBT Therapist qualified as a CBT therapist at Goldsmiths University, London, 2003. She is registered with the HCPC and Accredited with BABCP in the UK. Marie has Diploma in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), gained in 2010, where she trained with Dr Elizabeth Malmquist and Dr Anita Linnér (Sweden), as well as with Professor Alan Fruzzetti and Professor Jill Rathus (USA). She is also trained in Trauma Focused-CBT, including Supervisor training; Prolonged Exposure; and DBT for Schools (STEPS-A). Marie has been part of developing many DBT-informed programmes in different settings, mainly for children, adolescents and families, but also for young adults (18-25), both in Sweden and in England. In 2018 Marie offered support and DBT-informed training to a group of mothers in Mexico.
- Online Test
- Personalised Certificate for 2 CPD Hours