In this training video a Consultant Clinical Psychologist Paul Grantham provides viewers with new, evidence based approaches towards self-esteem work. His presentation is extremely engaging, thought-provoking, sometimes controversial, but never boring. While watching this video you will feel like a member of the group attending Paul’s workshop. Try to answer his questions with the delegates – there are plenty of opportunities to get involved into the learning process.
Special Feature: 3 video clips of therapy sessions with clients.
Key Learning Points:
- What exactly is self esteem and what role does it play in peoples’ problems.
- The efficacy/ self worth distinction and its practical implications.
- How we maybe trying to build clients’ self esteem in the wrong way.
- What leads people to develop healthy high self esteem and how can we use it to help our clients
- Five key sources of self esteem and how to decide on which you need to focus on with your clients:
Self Efficacy, Positive Cognitions, Self Nurturing, Support & Help, & The Use Of Feedback
- Developing Clients’ Self Efficacy
- Positive Cognitions
- Raising Self Esteem Through Self Nurturing
- Social Support & Self Esteem
“NEVER BORING – interesting content, skill for use in all areas. Thanks!” D.G., Counsellor
“Thank you Paul – it was informative, THOUGHT PROVOKING and AMUSING.” G.P., Social Worker
Prof Paul Grantham, is a clinical psychologist with extensive NHS, Social Services and training experience. He has written on a range of therapy and helping issues. An extensively informed, clinically experienced and humorous speaker he is known for his emphasis on the practicalities rather than just the theory of client-based work. Paul is a founder and Director of SDS Seminars Ltd and one of the most popular and inspirational tutors in the field of psychological skills training.
- Online Test
- Personalised Certificate for 4 CPD Hours