This two-hour lunchtime bite-size course on body image issues and body dysphoria in adolescents can be taken on its own or as a part of the BPS Approved Certificate in CBT for Working with Adolescents. This module will be presented by one of the UK’s leading experts on the topic, Deanne Jade, the Founder of the National Centre for Eating Disorders.
The issue of Body Image Issues / Body Dysphoria is a common mental health issue for adolescents, that is both challenging and distressing for young people, parents and staff.
This module combines essential background information on the area as well as tips, strategies and practical treatment plans and strategies. The focus is on 2nd and 3rd wave CBT ideas as well as evidence based “tips” from other therapeutic approaches, such as MI, SFT, REBT and others, specifically to address process issues such as motivation and communication difficulties which can often arise when working therapeutically with adolescents.
This module will be presented by one of the UK’s leading experts on the topic, Deanne Jade, the Founder of the National Centre for Eating Disorders.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes:
- Delegates will understand the nature of the problem including relevant theoretical models.
- Delegates will understand the principles and practice of CBT as an evidence-based approach to tackling problems. It includes 2nd and 3rd wave CBT ideas as well as evidence-based strategies from other therapeutic approaches, such as MI, SFT, REBT and others, specifically to address process issues such as motivation and communication difficulties.
- Delegates will learn strategies and case studies relating to the use of CBT to the problem.
- Delegates will understand common therapy obstacles and how to address them
Who is the course for?
Psychologists, Therapists, Counsellors, Coaches, OTs, SLTs, Dieticians, Physiotherapists, Nurses, Doctors, Arts Therapist, Substance Misuse Workers, Social Workers, Probation Officers.
Deanne Jade, Psychologist, Founder and Director of the National Centre for Eating Disorders (NCED)
Deanne is a psychologist who has worked with eating and weight problems for many years. She has a passionate commitment to help people to recover and has taught a generation of counsellors how to treat eating disorders such as compulsive eating, bulimia, anorexia and obesity.
She understands your deepest experience of eating distress and has changed many lives; sufferers of all ages and all types of eating distress have been guided toward a happier life.
She brings skill, laughter and sensitivity to her work and she has a reputation for wisdom and seeing right to the heart of eating problems. Perhaps you have seen her on TV, on the radio and in a wide range of national magazines and newspapers.
- 2 parts Course Video
- Full course materials as a PDF (downloadable)
- Personalised Certificate for 2 CPD Hours