Can be taken as an individual course or as a part of Certificate in CBT for Children and Adolescents
Learning outcomes for the day will be:
- How common are Tics and Tourette’s Syndrome and what are the factors that increase the risk for this problem
- When you might want to work with Paediatricians in the assessment of Tics and Tourette’s
- How to distinguish between OCD and Tics and Tourette’s, what to do if you are treating both
- How to measure, assess and formulate Tics and Tourette’s
- The role of parents in maintaining Tics and Tourette’s
- Using Behavioural Therapy to treat Tics and Tourette’s
Dr Andrew Beck
Consultant Clinical Psychologist, BABCP President
Andrew has worked as a Consultant Clinical Psychologist in CAMHS since 2006 and has worked with children and adolescents for 30 years in a variety of settings. He has been Honorary Senior Lecturer at the University of Manchester since 2007 and until recently was lead on the Children and Families module of the Manchester Doctorate in Clinical Psychology and Senior Lecturer on the Children and Young People’s IAPT programme.
Dr Beck is a BABCP accredited CBT therapist and supervisor and has developed and run several CBT supervision courses and the first stand-alone CBT training course in India. He is a member of the BABCP Scientific Committee and is the former Chair of the Equality and Culture Special Interest Group of the BABCP. At BABCP Annual Conference, Bath 2019, he was elected as the President of BABCP.
Andrew is author of the well regarded book Transcultural CBT for Anxiety and Depression (Routledge 2016) as well as many academic papers on CBT, supervision and work across cultures.
- 4 Part Video of a full live training event
- Full course materials as a PDF (downloadable)
- Personalised Certificate for 7 CPD Hours